Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Reflection / Discussion 9

Thus far I feel our tasks have been a challenge yet after spending time experiments the tools reveals their ease and potential. To improve school to home relations I see social bookmarking and blogging to be most beneficial. In the classroom I feel that Google maps and podcasting to be very advantageous. I have been surprised to discover how helpful and quick to respond my classmates have been. I have received timely replies and help. I have also tried to respond and be as helpful as possible to my classmates. I am very excited to have knowledge of all these tools, even if some may be hard to incorporate in to early elementary classrooms, I can share my experiences with my colleagues. The only frustrating concept has been where to find directions on how to link to my blog and where to link it either HTML or JavaScript. It gets easier each time I go through the progress. I know that I will incorporate social bookmarking and a class blog next year. I have already started gathering websites and ideas that support our academic objectives. I hope to incorporate making maps on Google and typing stories but it is hard to know what my students will be capable of accomplishing and what resources will be available. Education Technology is not the master’s degree I am working on but this course is very informational and interactive. The textbook provides a nice background base and the tasks are very relevant and feasible in the classroom.

No comments: